Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and the Music of Laurel Canyon
A lavishly illustrated insider’s look at 80 years of music and culture in Laurel Canyon.
Laurel Canyon is a zip code with its own play list: to name just a few, Sonny & Cher, The Doors, The Turtles, Canned Heat, Monkees, Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Joni Mitchell, Jackson Browne; Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young; Eagles, and Carole King all cultivated their immortal sounds in this L.A.-based musical fraternity.A lavishly illustrated insider’s look at 80 years of music and culture in Laurel Canyon.
Written by a long-time L.A. resident who knows them all, Canyon of Dreams traces the history of the community and its enduring legacy. Taking a deeply personal approach, it uses a multiple-voice narration based on exclusive interviews with the area’s musical elite. Because of their close and long-time connection with Kubernik, some of these stars are speaking openly for the first time.
Eye-opening both visually and informationally, this is a book no music lover can be without!
Interview highlights include:
– For the first time in years, the three surviving Doors talk about performances, recordings, band dynamics, and, of course, Jim Morrison
– Randy Meisner reminisces about the Eagles first gig and the recording of „One of These Nights“
– Graham Nash reflects on life with Joni Mitchell and describes writing „Our House“
– Lou Adler discusses his legendary Sunset Strip venues–the Whisky a Go-Go, Roxy Theater, Rainbow Bar & Grill, and Tapestry–and, with Michele Phillips, reflects on the Monterey Pop Festival.
– Slash, a child of the Canyon, details the formation of Guns N‘ Roses
– And much, much more!
Buy this book @ your local book store!